Bit of an oddity here, but I thought it would be neat to post what I was thinking on 9-09-09. I occasionally do this - write down short little thoughts or reflections, really more for myself than anyone else, but this time I'll share. This is unedited, too, so it doesn't have a lot of, shall we say, narrative strength.

Things hidden are discovered as a matter of course. Hide away and store up integrity, honesty, and compassion so that, when you are exposed, there is nothing to be ashamed of. How many friendships and marriages could have been saved but for a few careless words kept secret? How many people have traded temporary discomfort for enduring grief by refusing to come clean?

A parent's wisdom: Since approval and love are two separate things, it is perfectly reasonable to set conditions on one and not the other.

0 comments: